• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Connect 2 laptops

#1 User is offline   Learjet777 

• New Flyer
  • Icon
  • Group: Student Pilot

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:39 PM

Alright so if you have a laptop that the screen was broken on (can't see any of Windows or acces files,etc..), can you hook up another laptop through the VGA inputs with a male to male cable and automatically be able to see the screens (or access Windows,etc...) on the broken laptop to be able to access the information to move the files to a new laptop purchased? Or do you have to have access to the Display area on the broken screen laptop to tell it to use the other laptop as a monitor? Did I explain that right?

Thanks for your help!

#2 User is offline   Fourtyfreak 

• Student Pilot
  • Icon
  • Group: Student Pilot

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

View PostLearjet777, on 09 January 2010 - 06:39 PM, said:

Alright so if you have a laptop that the screen was broken on (can't see any of Windows or acces files,etc..), can you hook up another laptop through the VGA inputs with a male to male cable and automatically be able to see the screens (or access Windows,etc...) on the broken laptop to be able to access the information to move the files to a new laptop purchased? Or do you have to have access to the Display area on the broken screen laptop to tell it to use the other laptop as a monitor? Did I explain that right?

Thanks for your help!

I very much doubt you'll be able to use the VGA ports to link up 2 laptops. The VGA ports are designed for attaching a monitor or other display device to. I'm yet to see a laptop which accepts incoming video signals to its own screen. My best suggestion is to borrow a monitor from someone else and backup your broken laptop to an external hard disk. It is also possible to VNC into your broken laptop so you can transfer your files across, but you'll probably need a working screen to set it all up.

Hope this makes some kind of sense.

Paul

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users