Flight Sim X / FS2004 Forums: Fseconomy in X-plane - Flight Sim X / FS2004 Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fseconomy in X-plane

#1 User is offline   Crowman 

• Student Pilot
  • Icon
  • Group: Student Pilot
  • Interests:Flight Simming, Si FI, Astronomy, Swimming
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Q6600
  • Memory: 4gb
  • Video: hd 4770

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:10 AM

Anyone else fly with Fseconomy?
Using the X-economy plug-in it's a great way to select flights and make virtual money!
I thought I'd share my experiance of a short flight using the Inside passge scenery.
I recently started flying Helicopters in X-plane and find them enjoyable and very challenging (especially landings)
One of the recent helicopters added to my hanger is the great EC-120d Colibri, its freeware and can be found here..

http://forums.x-plan...s&showfile=3649

So armed with the above helicopter I searched Fseconomy for a suitable flight, I tend to use airports that I have scenery for, mainly the Inside passage, Final frontier and Canadian rockies or anywhere in Australia (thanks to VOZ).
After a search I find athe above helicopter to rent at CYBL (Campbell River, British Columbia) I pick a few passengers wanting to get to Vancouver International fuel up the Heli and I'm off.

Here you can see my assignments ready to go..
Posted Image

I will fly SE towards Comox Airport, then on to Nanimo before turning more easterly towards Vancouver.
Posted Image

Oops! I forgot to install the Winter Wonderland textures when switching to Inside passage Winter scenery!
Weather looks good so far, just passed Comox, now continue towards Nainmo..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Started to get some cloud so climbed above it..
Posted Image

Now on to Vancouver..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Airport in sight..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Now the hard bit, the landing..
Posted Image

Down!
Posted Image

A Good flight with happy passengers and a few more virtual $!
Thanks, for looking and if you haven't already, give fseconomy a go..

#2 User is offline   maxter 

• Commercial Pilot
  • Icon
  • Group: Commercial Pilot
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Core i7 920
  • Memory: 8 Gb DDR3
  • Video: GTX 580 1536 MB GDDR3

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:22 AM

View PostCrowman, on 10 January 2010 - 08:10 AM, said:

Anyone else fly with Fseconomy?
Using the X-economy plug-in it's a great way to select flights and make virtual money!
I thought I'd share my experiance of a short flight using the Inside passge scenery.
I recently started flying Helicopters in X-plane and find them enjoyable and very challenging (especially landings)
One of the recent helicopters added to my hanger is the great EC-120d Colibri, its freeware and can be found here..

A Good flight with happy passengers and a few more virtual $!
Thanks, for looking and if you haven't already, give fseconomy a go..

Great screenies, thanks for posting. I have quite a few hundreds of hours in FSE, but I have moved away from it as I find the requirement to stick to default airports somewhat restrictive.
Barry Roberts Aussie Scenery Packages are brilliant and it would be a waste not to visit his great airfields, which is impossible to do in FSE.

Anyhow, have a great time with it, it is a whole heap of fun

Cheers and thanks for posting those.

#3 User is offline   Stevo 

• 747 Pilot
  • Icon
  • Group: 747 Pilot
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: i7 iMac
  • Memory: 8Gb
  • Video: ATI Radeon HD4850 512mb

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

Excellent shots Crowman. That looks like a great freeware chopper. I haven't tried FSE yet but am tempted to give it a go.

Looks like you're using Inside Passage Winter (from the look of snow on the trees) but not the Winter World textures? Using these will complete the picture. Posted Image

Maxter, Baz also has a pseudo VA called Smithy's Virtual Charter Service (SVCS). You can choose from three regional GA airports in Australia (and a couple in the US) to fly out of and then pick from a predetermined list of charter flights to fly. Simple flights but very enjoyable, and a good way to see some of the Aussie Pack scenery. Sorry if I'm doubling up, I know I've posted a link to this before but not sure if you would've seen it.

Last day of holidays for me today. Son's in day care, wife's at work, gonna get me some hours up! Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Crowman 

• Student Pilot
  • Icon
  • Group: Student Pilot
  • Interests:Flight Simming, Si FI, Astronomy, Swimming
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Q6600
  • Memory: 4gb
  • Video: hd 4770

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:59 AM

View PostStevo, on 10 January 2010 - 07:30 PM, said:

Excellent shots Crowman. That looks like a great freeware chopper. I haven't tried FSE yet but am tempted to give it a go.

Looks like you're using Inside Passage Winter (from the look of snow on the trees) but not the Winter World textures? Using these will complete the picture. Posted Image

Yes I forgot top install the Winter world textures, I've fixed it now.

Maxter, Baz also has a pseudo VA called Smithy's Virtual Charter Service (SVCS). You can choose from three regional GA airports in Australia (and a couple in the US) to fly out of and then pick from a predetermined list of charter flights to fly. Simple flights but very enjoyable, and a good way to see some of the Aussie Pack scenery. Sorry if I'm doubling up, I know I've posted a link to this before but not sure if you would've seen it.

Yep I saw the post, if I can give up my FSE addiction I'll give them a go.I did another flight yesterday evening on FSE, from Redclif, Queesland to Evans head New South Wales, the airports were great (Will post screenies later),

Last day of holidays for me today. Son's in day care, wife's at work, gonna get me some hours up! Posted Image

You lucky Sod! I didn't get much time over the holidays for flying, my two year old boy is hard work!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users