Flight Sim X / FS2004 Forums: Flightseeing around South Florida thanks to TileProxy - Flight Sim X / FS2004 Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flightseeing around South Florida thanks to TileProxy Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ModelSkinny 

• Commercial Pilot
  • Icon
  • Group: Commercial Pilot

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

I Love South Florida, I have a condo there and go as often as I can, it's also where I do my flight training(only the checkride remains), so I am familiar with the airspace. So we are doing a tourist flight in the venerable DC-2. No engine-outs this time, I think I am getting to learn this plane. The route is KTMB ---> KFXE with some adjustments around the KMIA airspace and with SVFR through KFLL.

Up and away out of KTMB
Posted Image

This is the Homestead area, this place was devastated by Hurricane Andrew back in '92
Posted Image

I went to Umiami for college(my first day was pushed back because it's the same day the hurricane hit) and when I got to the campus some 50% of the trees had been flattened
Posted Image

Turning North this is South side of Biscayne Bay
Posted Image

Further North to Key Biscayne home of the Lipton Tennis Tournament
Posted Image

Miami's world famous South Beach, you can actually see my condo on this image, come find me and you can crash on my couch
Posted Image

Ft Lauderdale Harbor just north of the airport, I am low because there a svfr route that requires you to fly 500 feet to the east of the airport so all the approaching jets fly over you, you can literally look into the condos and see what people are doing
Posted Image

Turning northwest to enter the KFXE pattern,
Posted Image

Below us is one of the major road arteries through South FL, I think it's interstate 95 which goes from Miami to Maine.
Posted Image

Descending
Posted Image

Almost
Posted Image

Touchdown.
Posted Image

This flight illustrated the good and bad of Tileproxy, I had to fly the plane at 90 knots to get tiles to load(and I have a fast computer), and even then you can see blurries in the pics above, but there is nothing more accurate than this type of photoscenery for VFR flying.

Cheers

#2 User is offline   Alex 

• Student Pilot
  • Icon
  • Group: Student Pilot

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

Nice shots!

Cheers

Alex

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic