• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AI Aircraft Speeds Unrealistic speeds

#1 User is offline   mpos 

• New Flyer
  • Icon
  • Group: New Flyer

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:28 AM

Is there any way of reducing the speeds of AI aircraft as the speeds do not match up with the aircraft speeds in FSX models?
If I take off with a similar aircraft to the AI aircraft, the AI aircraft disappears into the distance even though the throttle is fully open on the FSX model. There is no way that you can intercept and fly along side the AI aircraft unless you are intercepting it with a faster model.

#2 User is offline   Brendan 

• Your Humble Narrator
  • Icon
  • Group: + FSBreak Hosts
  • Interests:Anything with wings... preferably Russian.
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Intel E6400
  • Memory: 4GB DDR2
  • Video: nVidia 9600GS

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:47 AM

Well I do know that the standard FS speed control for AI aircraft is seriously weird. 180 kt final approach speed? Yeah... no.

Sorry to say that I don't think I know a remedy for this situation.

The fact that AI and ATC within the default FS package is so horrible and unrealistic was one of the biggest proponents for me to switch to VATSIM. I would recommend doing the same.

#3 User is offline   robccx 

• New Flyer
  • Icon
  • Group: New Flyer

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

View PostBrendan, on 29 June 2010 - 06:47 AM, said:

Well I do know that the standard FS speed control for AI aircraft is seriously weird. 180 kt final approach speed? Yeah... no.

Sorry to say that I don't think I know a remedy for this situation.

The fact that AI and ATC within the default FS package is so horrible and unrealistic was one of the biggest proponents for me to switch to VATSIM. I would recommend doing the same.

You can use a program called AI Smooth. This program will keep AI from crashing into you and you can adjust the AI speed. You can find this freware utility on AVSIM.com or Flightsim.com. If not e-mail me and I will send it to you.

Thanks Rob.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users