• Icon
  • Group: + ATC
  • Interests:Flying!

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:02 PM

FS2Crew Review

http://www.fs2crew.com/

Posted Image

Features

1. Fully Interactive Flight Crew. The FO, for example, can position every switch on the 737NG. This is a first in the history of flight simulation. No other flight deck ambiance program presently offers this kind of functionality with the PMDG 737.

2. Top quality voice sets. The Captain's voice was recorded by a real-world 747 Captain, and many of the other voices were recorded by people who work in the aviation industry.

3. Regional Voice Sets. FS2Crew includes Regional Accents for the Ground Crew Positions (Gate and Ramp Agent, Fueller): You can now fly in the following areas and hear authentic accents for: North America, Spain, Germany, England, France, Quebec, South Africa, South America, Australia and the Philippines.

4. Ultra detail. The hardcore purists will be happy to note that the level of detail incorporated in FS2Crew is totally unprecedented. The FO can even configure the pneumatics for a bleeds-off takeoff if so desired.

5. Interactive passengers. With FS2Crew, you're no longer flying alone, you're flying a plane load of passenger who will, among other things, try to get out of their seats during taxi and have heart attacks. You have to respond to these challenges.

6. Manuals. To ensure that a 737 Type-Rating is not prerequisite to enjoying FS2Crew, a complete set of manuals and tutorials are included to help even the most inexperienced simmers fly like the Pro's.

(Source: AvSim)

Posted Image

Overall Review

There has never been anything like FS2Crew. This is a first in the FS community. You are no longer alone in the cockpit while flying. You have to brief every crew member as in real life bringing simulation to new heights. If there is a sick passenger, you as the captain have to make the decision as to turn back or not. You will set a departure time and stay within the time to stay on schedule. You now have a virtual F/O and F/A. You have to brief the F/A before flight as in real life. You now have a F/O to go through all checklists with you from boarding to unloading. I didn?t notice much of a FPS drop.

Posted Image

-No Longer Need To Look For Checklists
-Briefing for Added Realism
-Pre Flight Features

Dislike

-Compatible for PMDG 737-800/900 and Not PMDG 737-600/700

#2 User is offline   Eric 

• Only 24 Hours in a day?!
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Core i7 920
  • Memory: 12GB DDR3
  • Video: Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:46 PM

it looks pretty cool, but it sucks that you can't use it with the 6/700.

#3 User is offline   Leginmat 

• Iron Chef
  • Icon
  • Group: + ATC

Posted 11 December 2004 - 08:20 AM

Your right there Eric! I remember seeing this project earlier this year. I was quite excited! :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users