Flight Sim X / FS2004 Forums: Ipod nano video + subtitles? - Flight Sim X / FS2004 Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ipod nano video + subtitles?

#1 User is offline   Babis 

• Commercial Pilot
  • Icon
  • Group: Commercial Pilot

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:10 AM

Hi guys.. :)

As the title says.. Does it work to add subtitles to a .MP4 (or add it to an .AVI file) file so that it is in the movie when i play it in my iPod nano? I've been searching all day, tried about 6 apps, none of them working :(.. Would be greatly appreciated if you knew how to do it..

Take care.... :)

#2 User is offline   Dredd 

• Proud to fly Horizon!
  • Icon
  • Group: + Reporters
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: AMD AM2+ 9650
  • Memory: 4Gb @1033MHz
  • Video: GTS450 1GB

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:11 AM

Perhaps with nandub you could do it .. have you checked out the http://www.doom9.net website?

Edit: As I see it, subtitles aren't part of the video stream, so you need to make them apart of it. You'll need to find a tool that turns the subtitles into an AVI file, exactly the same dimensions as the source material. Then you'd need use nandab to act as a server so that you can overlay the subtitled avi file ontop of the original AVI file. I've never tried it, I have to say, but having used nandub and done a lot of messing about with different formats, I think that thats your best way to go.

#3 User is offline   Babis 

• Commercial Pilot
  • Icon

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:00 PM

Hmm... Well the thing is, I've looking for that too, and the only thing that seems easy is/was VobSub, unfortunately that isn't working on newer AVI files.. :( Anyone else who has this kind of application?

Thx Dredd! :)

EDIT: Never mind about it, I downloaded an application called 'mkvmerge' and that put my subs into the movie :D Thanks Dredd for the link.

#4 User is offline   Dredd 

• Proud to fly Horizon!
  • Icon
  • My FS Rig

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:37 PM

doom9.net is the first place I go when doing anything with videos - there is a wealth of information on that site!

#5 User is offline   Babis 

• Commercial Pilot
  • Icon

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:52 AM

Kind off weird.. I did mux the avi together with the subs, but when I play it up in VLC, the subs wont go on until I right click and press Subtitle -> Track 1.. And then when I convert the .AVI to a .MP4, the subs wont show up at all on my nano.. So unfortunately that didn't work :/

Anyone who has gotten any clue?

#6 User is offline   Dredd 

• Proud to fly Horizon!
  • Icon
  • My FS Rig

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:25 AM

Hmm - you've got 2 tracks in there still, they need to be mixed together into 1 whole new track.

#7 User is offline   Babis 

• Commercial Pilot
  • Icon

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:01 AM

Well, in VLC (the media player I use) I have Off (no subs that'd say) and sub 1. The default is put to 'Off', so I guess I need to get it to on for default, then it'll work.. But the question is, HOW should I get it to subs 1 as default?..

#8 User is offline   Brendan 

• Your Humble Narrator
  • Icon
  • Group: + FSBreak Hosts
  • Interests:Anything with wings... preferably Russian.
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Intel E6400
  • Memory: 4GB DDR2
  • Video: nVidia 9600GS

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:09 AM

I personally would worry less about the skin and more about the case. Getting a hard cover case is a must... significantly prolongs the life of your iPod.

#9 User is offline   Boisclair 

• New Flyer
  • Icon
  • Group: New Flyer

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

View PostBrendan, on 26 January 2010 - 01:09 AM, said:

I personally would worry less
ipad 2 caseabout the skin and more about the case. Getting a hard cover case is a must.ipad2 leather case.. significantly prolongs the iPad2 caselife of your iPod.

The default is put to 'Off', so I guess I need to get it to on for default, then it'll work.. But the question is, HOW should I get it to subs 1 as default?..

#10 User is offline   beatricedns 

• New Flyer
  • Icon
  • Group: New Flyer

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:34 PM

Ipod Nano is the best and unique creation of an apple. The aforementioned technology that makes iPhone, iPad, and iPod blow so amazing. Now it's bisected the admeasurement and even easier to play. And aggregate you wish to apprehend is just a tap or bash away.iPod nano with Multi-Touch is advised to be easy, intuitive, and fun just like music. And it's even smaller, so music can be an even bigger allotment of just about everything.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users