• Group: Admin
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Core i7 920
  • Memory: 12GB DDR3
  • Video: Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:35 AM

View PostCessna TomTom, on 04 November 2009 - 12:57 PM, said:

Xp will just always rule MS!
Probably the only one that makes sense really, i mean yes it is nice to have a more up to date system but Xp will do everything you need, i will be sticking with that for quite a while.

XP has got to be one of the most insecure operating systems ever made. There have been thousands of security fixes for it and yet 8 years after it's release Microsoft is still patching it. XP is probably the biggest reason that we have so much spam today, and worms flying across the internet - Because the OS is full of holes and people who don't know any better because they were told their computer would be "easy" to use get infected and don't know it, then their computer gets turned into a spam sending zombie.

I prefer not to run XP... If they are still finding these gaping exploits in the OS, they've been there and been able to be exploited for 8 years!

I know that this really only applies to people who don't know what they are doing on a computer, but that is MOST people, and XP is a big part of the problem. I know Vista has holes too, but I don't think it is nearly to the level of XP. And if you leave UAC on, you're much more secure. I've run Vista and Windows 7 for over a year with no AV and have never had any problems, wouldn't ever want to do that with XP. Pretty much just don't use Internet Explorer and you're set.

#18 User is offline   Crowman 

• Student Pilot
  • Icon
  • Group: Student Pilot
  • Interests:Flight Simming, Si FI, Astronomy, Swimming
  • My FS Rig
  • CPU: Q6600
  • Memory: 4gb
  • Video: hd 4770

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:11 PM

I recently upgraded to WIN 7 64bit, all was great with FSX until after navigating the in-game menus for a few minutes FSX crashes.
I believe this is a known issue, it's very annoying. I hope X-Plane doesn't give me this grief when I get it!

• (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users